What is a good CAT score? Steps to follow after CAT result
For MBA (Master of Business Administration) aspirants in India, qualifying the Common Admission Test (CAT) is a major accomplishment. CAT is the most widely accepted MBA entrance exam in India, and its popularity stems from this fact. MBA aspirants frequently ask what is a good CAT score and what score they should strive for. This article explains what is a good CAT score and what to do after the CAT results are released.
What is a good CAT score?
No matter whether you are preparing to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) or have already taken it, you might be wondering what a good score is. Beyond getting into the 20 IIMS, the CAT also helps applicants get into a variety of other B-schools throughout the country. It varies in different business schools in terms of cut-offs, admission procedures, and application requirements.
A score above 120 places you above 90% of test-takers, in the 90th percentile. CAT cut-off scores vary for different universities. Generally, the most competitive schools accept applicants who score in the 99th percentile or higher. Many second-tier schools will accept applicants with scores below the 70th percentile with mitigating factors. Scores above 95 percentiles are considered to be extremely competitive, while scores above 99 percentiles are considered outstanding.
Steps to follow after CAT result
Regardless of your CAT score, deciding what to do next after results are announced can be a confusing and challenging exercise. Numerous factors should be considered when selecting a college, including rankings, affiliations, alumni, placement records, faculty, and environment. If CAT exam results are satisfactory, the next hurdle is GD and personal interviews in the MBA admission process.
After the CAT result is declared, the following steps need to be taken:
- Applications for Admission to Business Schools
Before the CAT results are announced, many B-schools begin the application process for MBA admissions. To assess your CAT performance, check the CAT cut-off percentile of your preferred B-schools, make a list of institutions you wish to apply to, and research their application process, fees, and schedule. NSHM is one of the top 10 MBA colleges in Kolkata delivering industry-oriented business & management education for a decade.
- Decide which MBA specialization is right for you
After qualifying CAT, you can select your specialization. Research about the future growth and trends of each type of MBA specialization before choosing one. It is best to select a specialization that compliments your skills and interests.
Why Choose NSHM?
- There are three different types of MBA programs available at NSHM –
CAT qualifying score for them is 70, 50 and 60 respectively. Executive MBA is also available at NSHM for which one needs to have a minimum 2 years of work experience.
- NSHM offers one-to-one & group mentoring by faculty & industry professionals including international faculty & corporates.
- We also offer training and certification from Harvard Business School Online.
- Students can take advantage of value-added PG program certification in Digital Business and Management powered by EduClaaS, Singapore and Yangpoo Executive Education.
- Other perks include – paid off-shore virtual apprenticeship in global brands, cutting-edge real world case-based learning, global peer collaboration and networking.