Top 9 FAQs for Student’s Credit Card
1. What is the West Bengal – Student Credit Card Scheme?
The West Bengal – SCC Scheme is an initiative of the Govt. of West Bengal Higher Education Dept. to support all students financially by providing up to 10 Lacs Collateral Free Loan @ 4% Simple Interest.
1% interest concession will be provided to borrower if the interest is fully serviced during the study period. The repayment period shall be 15 years for any loan availed under this Credit Card including the Moratorium/ repayment holiday.
2. Who is Eligible for the Scheme?
Any student pursuing or wanting to pursue secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate and post graduate studies including professional degree and other equivalent courses in any Public or Private School, Madrasah, College, University, and other affiliated institutes within and outside India.
3. Does NSHM Kolkata and NSHM Durgapur Accept WB Student Credit Scheme?
Yes, it is accepted for all UG, PG, Diploma & B.Voc programs at NSHM Kolkata & Durgapur. Both Current Students and New Admissions are eligible to apply under this scheme and avail benefits
4. How to Apply for the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme?
Visit official website for the Higher Education Department https://www.wbscc.wb.gov.in
For New Applicants: Select Student Registration
For Existing Applicants: Select Student Login
5. Will NSHM help and assist you to apply for the West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme?
Yes, Our Trained Counsellors will help and guide you through the complete Application Process. You can contact your Admission Counsellor for more information & Help.
Helpline Kolkata Campus: +91 62921 45277
Helpline Durgapur Campus: +91 99330 49448
6. How much Credit can I get in this Scheme?
A student from West Bengal can obtain a maximum loan of Rs. 10 lakhs @ 4% per annum simple interest from the State Cooperative Bank and its affiliated Central Cooperative Banks and District Central Cooperative Banks and Public/ Private Sector Banks. 1% interest concession will be provided to borrower if the interest is fully serviced during the study period.
7. What all expenses are covered under the Scheme?
The scheme covers both Academics Expenses (eg: Tuition Fee, Exam Fee, Library Fee etc.) and Non-Academic Expenses (eg: Hostel, PG, Cafeteria Food, Laptop, Books etc..)
8. Who will be considered as a resident of West Bengal for the purpose of WB SCC scheme?
If the student or their family is residing in the State of West Bengal at least for a period of 10 (Ten) years preceding the date of application, she/he shall be considered as a resident of the State under this scheme.
9. Which documents are required to be uploaded at the time of filling up of the online form? What will be the size of the uploaded documents?
The following documents are to be uploaded (Softcopy) at the time of filling up of online form:
- Colored photo of applicant (Format: .jpeg or .jpg. Size: 50Kb max & 20kb min)
- Colored photo of co-applicant/co-borrower (Format: .jpeg/.jpg. Size: 50kb max, 20kb min)
- Signature of the student (Format: .jpeg / .jpg. Size: 50kb max, 10kb min)
- Co-borrower/Guardian’s signature (Format: .jpeg/.jpg. Size 50kb max, 10kb min)
- Student’s AADHAR Card (Format: .pdf. Size: 400KB max, 100KB min)
- If no AADHAR card: Student’s Class 10 Board Registration Certificate (Format: .pdf. Size: 400KB max, 100KB min)
- Guardian’s Address Proof [preferably AADHAR Card] (Format: .pdf, Size: 400KB max, 100KB min)
- Relevant document of the School/Institution brochure/document detailing the
- course fee/tuition fee (Format: .pdf, Size: 400KB max, 100KB min)
- Admission Receipt or Admission Offer Letter (Format: .pdf, Size 400KB max 100KB min)
- Student’s PAN Card or undertaking in prescribed format (available in the portal), if no PAN. Format: .pdf. Size: 400KB max, 100KB min)
- Guardian’s PAN Card or undertaking in prescribed format (available in the portal) if no PAN (Format: .pdf. Size: 400KB max and 100KB min)