Importance of Tourism & Travel Management Industry
“Inclusive growth and ensuring a future with quality jobs are the concerns of governments everywhere. Travel & Tourism, which already supports one in every ten jobs on the planet, is a dynamic engine of employment opportunity.” Gloria Guevara Manzo, President & CEO World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)
Highlight on facts & figures of Tourism industry
- Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) in India during 2017 was 10 Million plus (more than 1 crore) with annual growth 15.6 %. [Source: Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India]
- Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEE) in India from tourism during 2017 was Rs. 1,80,379 crore with annual growth rate of 17 %. [Source: Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India]
- Global economic impact of Travel & Tourism industry is 10.4% of global GDP and 313 million jobs, or 10% of total employment, in 2017. [Source: WTTC]
- The total contribution of Travel & Tourism Industry to GDP of India was 9.4% in 2017, and is forecast to rise by 9.9% of GDP in 2028. [Source: WTTC]
- In 2017, the total contribution of Travel & Tourism industry to employment in India was 8.0% of total employment (41,622,500 jobs). This is expected to rise by 3.1% in 2018. [source: WTTC]
- Travel & Tourism Management students of NSHM get five figure stipend during their on the job training (OJT). [source: Dept. of Travel & Tourism Mgt., NSHM]
With a view to tap this opportunity and create a pool of qualified professionals to stand out in this industry NSHM Knowledge Campus started the Dept. of Travel & Tourism Management since 2006. Since then, our courses have created many innovative opportunities that blend academic and industry experience from a range of disciplines and areas of study.
Our extended learning framework ensures that students are supported by
– Mentors who are approachable,
– Courses that are industry specific to give a holistic learning, and
– Interactive classroom learning where students inputs help refine their own learning process.
The popular courses on our roster are
– BTTM & MTTM degree with IATA International Certification &
– International certification of Global Distribution System (GDS) in association with Amadeus.
For more details about the course and affiliations click here