M.Sc. in Yoga
The Master of Science (M. Sc.) programme in yoga is spread over two academic years imparting knowledge and skills about every facet of Yoga. This programme has been designed for meeting the demand of the growing needs of experts in the fields of Naturopathy, Yoga and related oriental treatments and therapies. The programme brings together contemporary classroom learning techniques coupled with a traditional yogic Gurukul way of life strengthening scientific evidence of the positive effects of yoga and meditation on human health. The way yoga has become popular these days, there are ample job opportunities for qualified yoga experts in India and abroad. It is a dynamic and challenging career in which one could achieve personal growth and respect from society by imparting Yoga training to all sections of the society.
- Integrate and apply knowledge of yoga and spiritual evolution for the practice of yoga as healthcare therapy.
- Design advanced yoga based therapies to meet identified needs within economic, environmental and social constraints.
- Instil the intellectual skills to analyze and solve healthcare disorders through designing specific yoga therapies.
- Function on multidisciplinary healthcare teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively and responsibly as a member/leader of a team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics in yoga science to avoid biological controversies.
- Promote the awareness for positive health and personality development in the society through yoga awareness programmes/training sessions.
- Communicate effectively with specialized and non-specialized audiences about yoga therapeutics as part of their complementary approach to health care.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
|M.Sc. in Yoga|
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
Scope & Career Opportunities
- Research Officer- Yoga and Naturopathy.
- Yoga Aerobic Instructor.
- Assistant to Ayurvedic Doctors.
- Assistant to Clinical Psychologists.
- Yoga Therpaist.
- Yoga Instructor.
- Yoga Teacher.
- Therapists and Naturopaths.
- Yoga Advisor.
- Yoga Specialist.
- Yoga Practitioner.
- Yoga Consultant.
- The graduates will demonstrate knowledge and skills of yoga science necessary to become professional yoga trainer.
- The graduates will be skilful in various yoga techniques to provide healthcare solutions for the benefit of the society at every stage of life.
- The graduates will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in a team.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or professional and doctoral level studies.
- INTRODUCTION TO SANSKRIT
- HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
- VEDAS UPANISADS AND DARSANAS
- YOGA PHILOSOPHY AND HEALTH
- PSYCHOLOGY & COUNSELING
- ADVANCED YOGA PRACTICE –I
- BHAGAVAD GITA
- COMMON AILMENTS – I
- PATANJALI YOGA SUTRAS
- HATHA YOGA
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- ADVANCED YOGA PRACTICE – II
- COMMON AILMENTS – II
- PHILOSOPHY SCIENCE & CONSCIOUSNESS
- NARADA BHAKTI SUTRAS
- YOGA THERAPY & OTHER SYSTEMS OF HEALING
- ADVANCED YOGA PRACTICE – III
- YOGA THERAPY – I
- PRANAYAMA & MEDITATION
- YOGA THERAPY – II
- TEACHING PRACTICE
- YOGA THERAPY TRAINING
- DISSERTATION & PRESENTATION
- KARMA YOGA (FIELD WORK)
For Indian students: The candidate should be graduate in any discipline from a recognized University securing at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
For Foreign students: The candidate should be graduate in any discipline from a recognized University securing at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Minimum duration is 2 years (4 semesters).
- Maximum duration is 3 years.