B.Sc in Yoga
The Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) programme in yoga is spread over three academic years imparting knowledge and skills about every facet of Yoga. This programme has been designed for meeting the demand of the growing needs of experts in the fields of Naturopathy, Yoga and related oriental treatments and therapies. The programme brings together contemporary classroom learning techniques coupled with a traditional yogic Gurukul way of life strengthening scientific evidence of the positive effects of yoga and meditation on human health. The way yoga has become popular these days, there are ample job opportunities for qualified yoga experts in India and abroad. It is a dynamic and challenging career in which one could achieve personal growth and respect from society by imparting Yoga training to all sections of the society.
- Yoga Aerobic Instructor.
- Assistant to Ayurvedic Doctors.
- Assistant to Clinical Psychologists.
- Yoga Therapist.
- Yoga Instructor.
- Yoga Teacher.
- Yoga Specialist.
- Yoga Practitioner.
- Yoga Consultant.
Scope & Career Opportunities
The graduates will demonstrate knowledge and skills of yoga science necessary to become professional yoga trainer.
- The graduates will be skilful in various yoga techniques to provide healthcare solutions for the benefit of the society at every stage of life.
- The graduates will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or in a team.
- The graduates will be involved in life-long learning and professional development through self – education, continuing education or graduate and professional studies.
- Integrate and apply knowledge of yoga and spiritual evolution for the practice of yoga as healthcare therapy.
- Instil the intellectual skills to analyze and solve healthcare disorders through designing specific yoga therapies.
- Function on multidisciplinary healthcare teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively and responsibly as a member/leader of a team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics in yoga science to avoid biological controversies.
- Promote the awareness for positive health and personality development in the society through yoga awareness programmes/training sessions.
- Communicate effectively with specialized and non-specialized audiences about yoga therapeutics as part of their complementary approach to health care.
- Use modern tools and techniques in developing yoga specialty centres.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
- HUMAN ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
- HUMAN SYSTEM ACCORDING TO YOGA
- INTRODUCTION TO SANSKRIT – I
- INTRODUCTION TO CLASSICAL YOGASANAS
- YOGA & EDUCATION FOR PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT
- VEDIC CHANTING AND DEVOTIONAL MUSIC
- PATANJALI’S YOGA SUTRAS
- HATHA YOGA
- INTRODUCTION TO SANSKRIT – II
- ADVANCED YOGASANAS AND ADVANCED KRIYAS
- TRAINING IN PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT – I
- TRAINING IN YOGA INSTRUCTOR’S COURSE – I
- TRADITIONAL SYSTEMS OF HEALING- AYUSH
- COMMON AILMENTS
- MESSAGE OF VEDAS AND UPANISADS
- CULTURAL HISTORY OF INDIA
- ADVANCED PRANAYAMA AND ADVANCED MEDITATION
- YOGA FOR COMMON AILMENTS
- INTRODUCTION TO DARSANAS
- CLASSICAL MEDITATION TECHNIQUES
- EPICS AND PURANAS
- TRAINING IN PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT – II
- TRAINING IN YOGA INSTRUCTOR’S COURSE – II
- TEACHING TECHNIQUES
- BHAGAVAT GITA
- NARADA BHAKTI SUTRAS
- SCIENCE AND CONSCIOUSNESS
- CONSTITUTION OF INDIA
- ADVANCED YOGA TECHNIQUES – I
- TEACHING PRACTICE
- ADVANCED YOGA TECHNIQUES – II
- PROJECT WORK
- KARMA YOGA (FIELD WORK)
For Indian students: The candidate should have passed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized board securing at least 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
For Foreign students: The candidate should have completed 12 years of education securing at least 40% marks in the qualifying examination from a recognized board.