B.Sc. in Behavioural Science & Applied Psychology
B.Sc. in Behavioural Science & Applied Psychology course will provide an overview of the processes and problems in behavioral psychology. Combining the knowledge of Behavioural Science and Applied Psychology with strong observation, and communication skills, a behavioral psychologist will be able to work with communities and individuals, examining behavior and decision-making.
[College Code Kolkata: NCMTKOL] [College Code Durgapur: NCMTDGP]
|B.Sc. in Behavioural Science & Applied Psychology|
In addition, some psychologists will work in natural environments to study the habits and learn behaviors of many species. Moreover, they will provide valuable information and services to our society, with the ultimate goal of promoting human welfare.
In short, such a specialized person (after completion of the course) will be well versed in psychometric methods and the social sciences, and use this expertise and interest to examine the observable actions of living beings. Some persons will work to broaden the scientific understanding of human behavior and participate actively to address social or individual problems. In addition, the case studies will be used to discuss topics related to Mid-life/Old-age.
Scope & Career Opportunities
Many would prefer higher studies or may work in hospitals and healthcare facilities, or within private companies as consultants, analysts or marketers. They may also work in prisons or law enforcement agencies, or in private treatment practices. Academic settings will allow behavioral psychologists to conduct research and share their findings with the intellectual community.
In almost all settings, behavioral psychologists will work as part of a research or intervention team, with several peers as well as research assistants. Interdisciplinary work is common, so communication across research disciplines is vital. In many settings, behavioral scientists will also be able to assess, treat, or evaluate the performance of subjects, which may be laypeople or mentally ill populations, depending on the setting. Furthermore, nearly all behavioral psychologists are concerned themselves with issues of life satisfaction or social justice.
- Fundamental Psychological Processes
- Emotion & Motivation
- Biological Basis of Behaviour
- Life-span Development-I
- Statistics in Psychology-I
- Lab: Learning Curve, Forgetting, Attention
- Research Methodology-I
- Educational Psychology
- Perception & Psychophysics
- Personality Studies
- Lab Practical : by Controlling Experimental Variables; Personality Tests; Interest Inventory
- Clinical Psychology
- Social Psychology
- Organizational Psychology
- Research Methodology-II
- Practical lab: Computer Application of Graphical representation Statistical Packages; Administration of IQ Test; Aptitude Test
- Lab Practical: Interest and aptitude testing
- Statistics in Psychology-II
- Human Behaviour in Social Environment
- Human Resource management
- Life-span Development-II
- Case Study on Mid-life / Old-age
- Lab Practical: On Group Cohesiveness, Anxiety Inventory; Seminar Presentation on Accident Prevention
- Childhood & Developmental Disorders
- Environment Management
- Cultural Psychology
- Disability & Society
- Seminar Presentation on Cultural Psychology Through the Arts
- Projects On Assigned topics
- Health and Wellness Psychology
- Viva Voce
10+2 passed in any stream from a recognised board