Benefits of pursuing the Harvard Business School Online Course
Global Certification: Receiving certificates from HSBO
Real-World Practice Solving Business Challenges: After graduating from business school, you’ll be required to navigate complex challenges at work. An MBA provides real-world practice, so you know how to think strategically when issues and opportunities arise. The HBSO, this skill is taught using the case study method
Empathy and a Global Mindset: Because global context and curriculum you will be exposed to—from international faculties to cases about global companies-students going to develop the empathy and interpersonal skills that will be essential in your future career
Critical Hard and Soft Skills
Job Prospect Expansion:
Another benefit of earning your MBA is expanding your job prospects. Not only will you gain additional skills that make you qualified for new roles and responsibilities, but many companies specifically look for an MBA on resumes, which could set you apart from other applicants.
Increased Salary Potential
Benefits of pursuing the Harvard Business School Online Course
Harvard Business School (HBS) is among the most prestigious business schools in the world, and for a good reason. The school offers a wide range of online courses that can provide a number of benefits for students, both in terms of professional development and personal growth.
In 2019, Harvard Business School announced redesigning their five-year-old online course platform to officially tie the school’s identity to it under a new brand, Harvard Business School Online.
Harvard Business School online certifications have been recognized worldwide; it helps students not only for placement purposes but also enhance their knowledge in the fields of Business Analytics, Financial Accounting, Economics and Entrepreneurship.
The learning pedagogy helps students solve real-life business problems and learn from the experience. The skills students learn from these courses are empathy, critical thinking, soft skills and interpersonal skills.
The MBA programme at NSHM has now been combined with online courses from the Harvard Business School. Therefore, the students at NSHM Kolkata Campus will complete a few online courses provided by the esteemed Harvard Business School Online as part of their curriculum.
The HBSO courses will be available to students of all programs. They will receive HSBO certificates which are recognised as global certifications.
The following are the specialisations offered:
- Business Analytics- This is intended for anyone who wants to become proficient in the quantitative techniques used to examine data and improve management choices. Students will learn the fundamentals of analysis in the Business Analytics course offered online by Harvard Business School.
This course focuses on improving a student’s grasp of important ideas, managerial acumen, and capacity to apply what he has learned to actual business issues. Regression analysis comes after basic descriptive statistics in business analytics.
In the context of A/B testing a website, verifying inventory accuracy, predicting sales, and calculating personnel numbers, students will master course concepts. One will get explicit instructions on how to use analytical approaches in Excel throughout the course.
- Entrepreneurship Essentials- Students learn about the entrepreneurial process from concept generation through market acceptance to venture capital raising. This course shows how business owners conduct controlled experiments to test concepts and improve operational efficiency.
Students can delve deeply into the numbers that drive the choices that business owners and their investors make in order to add value and expand their operations.
- Economics For Managers- The introduction to supply and demand in the ‘Economics for Managers’ course offered online by Harvard Business School explains their origins and why they are essential to understanding business.
Students will get an understanding of how businesses approach price and manufacturing as well as critical concepts like complements and network effects that businesses rely on to create demand.
Additionally, this course delves deeply into market dynamics, the power of competition, and differentiation tactics. Students will learn how to create the first steps of a competitive strategy that will result in a business succeeding over time as they investigate these concepts.
- Financial Accounting- The fundamentals of journal entry recording and posting transactions to T accounts will be covered before students learn how to create balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
One will learn how to analyse financial statements and compute and interpret crucial ratios if they have a solid understanding of the foundational elements of financial statements.
The final section of the course covers forecasting and valuation, teaching students how to create projected financial statements and decide on capital expenditures using techniques like calculating internal rates of return and net present value.
The students can choose any one of the four courses to widen their knowledge spectrum.
NSHM also provides-
Case-Based Learning Pedagogy- At NSHM, students can actively focus on solving real-life situations using case study narratives from Indian & global contexts. It helps students work in groups, analyse business situations, and helps them connect with the business world. These skills are well appreciated in industry circles and help our students excel in their careers and achieve positions of leadership.
- Value Added Curriculum- You can go beyond your expectations with NSHM’s courses. So in addition to the MAKAUT curriculum, several value-added courses have also been introduced throughout the curriculum to enhance the horizon of learning abilities for our students. The bootcamps are also included in this category. NSHM is also focused at improving excel, communication, financial technical analysis, entrepreneurship & innovation and our integrated industry outreach program.
Benefits Of Pursuing The Harvard Business Online Course
- Real-World Practice Solving Business Challenges: After graduating from business school, you’ll be required to navigate complex challenges at work. An MBA provides real-world practice, so you know how to think strategically when issues and opportunities arise. In the HBSO, this skill is taught using the case study method, which offers students hands-on experience with real-world scenarios.
- Empathy & Global Mindset: The global context and curriculum will get the students exposed to cases about global companies. This helps the students to develop the empathy and interpersonal skills that will be essential in the professional world.
- Critical Hard & Soft Skills: These courses typically include video lectures, readings, and quizzes to test comprehension. Practical exercises and real-world case studies can provide effective learning. Setting clear learning goals, actively engaging with the course material, and seeking out opportunities to apply what you have learned in a professional setting can stimulate holistic development. Additionally, participating in online discussion forums and networking with other students can provide valuable insights and support.
- Better Job Prospects: The courses demonstrate a commitment to personal and professional development, which employers highly value. Second, the coursework and practical exercises provide valuable knowledge & skills that can be employed in a wide range of industries and roles. Third, the Harvard Business School name carries significant weight and can help to make a candidate stand out in a crowded job market.
What are you waiting for, then?
Choose NSHM’s Harvard Business Online Course now to get a considerable amount of expertise and exposure in the business world!