B. Optom (Bachelor of Optometry)
100 percent placement guarantee shall not be a misnomer for Optometry students of NSHM. That too with a CTC average at par with best of health-care education schools of India. The demand has been times more than the supply.
|B. Optom Course Details|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Science|
There are very few quality optometry colleges in India, which includes the one at NSHM. Ideally, students with reasonable interest in physics, chemistry, biology and also mathematics can derive best value from BOPTM education.
The fourth year, which happens to be the final year, is primarily for industry training and placement. With state-of-art labs, national and international knowledge partners BOPTM at NSHM is arguably one of the best non-hospital vision care education institute in India. The degree also adds to the social esteem because the profession is noble and yet very rewarding.
Scope & Career Opportunities
India has approximately 10,000 optometry degree holders which is grossly inadequate for the 1 billion population. Ideally, at least 2 lakh optometrists are required to achieve the objective of providing optimum eye care to the population of India (as per Vision 2020 framework by WHO, WCO & IAPB).
Various carrier opportunities in this field include-
- Vision therapist
- Contact lens Specialist
- Ophthalmic Product Specialist
- Ocular Diagnostic
- Geriatric & Low Vision Car
- Community Eye Health
- Rated among the top 5 Optometry colleges in India.
- Best optometry infrastructure in India with state-of-the-art equipments.
- In-house international resource centres (IACLE & ICEE) for students & staff.
- Recepient of the prestigious UKERI ( United Kingdom Education Research Initiative) Award.
- Academic Collaboration with India Vision Institute, Essilor, Bausch & LombGEP or Global Employability Programme is an annual academic extravaganza conducted to provide the students exposure to the application oriented, job relevant curriculum wherein students get the opportunity to learn essential life-skills.
- MyCall is a metrics based student’s performance measurement tool for total quality management of professional education. It aims to extract the best performance from a student in a wellrounded perspective involving a set of performance domains along with their relative values.
- 1 year paid internship for all students.
Professional Communication in English l Anatomy (General) l Physiology (General) l Geometrical Optics l Biochemistry (General & Ocular) l Anatomy (Ocular) l Physiology (Ocular) l Physical Optics l Computers l Environment & Ecology l Visual Optics l Lighting & The Eye l Medical Pathology & Microbiology (General & Ocular) l Pharmacology l Ophthalmic & Optical Instrumentation & Procedure l Clinical Refraction l Ocular Disease (Anterior Segment Disease, Posterior & Neuro Eye Disease) l Ophthalmic Lens & Dispensing Optics l Binocular Vision & Ocular Motility l Contact Lens l Low Vision Aids & Visual Rehabilitation l Systemic Condition & The Eye l Public Health & Community Optometry l Biostatistics l Professional Practice Management l Practical Training on Clinical Optometry l Practical Training on Low Visual Aid l Practical Training on Dispensing Optics l Practical Training in Contact Lens.
10+2 pass with Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Maths). Candidates appearing for Class XII final can also apply.
4 Years (Full Time) including 1 year internship