Scouting Creators of the Gaming Universe
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! That’s the vibe of the flourishing video gaming industry which is booming in leaps and bounds. In 2017 it was worth 78 billion dollars, and the end of this year it will hit 90 billion! 4/5th of that revenue comes purely from the use and download of gaming software.
Since 2016, roughly 2.5 billion people worldwide ended up buying and playing video games! This “renaissance” in the gaming universe has translated to enormous success in terms of revenues, for corporations and private players. Sony CE has tasted a chunk of this with products like Sony PlayStation, God of War, and Uncharted.
Clearly, the gaming scene has exploded across the globe and has created a huge surge in the demand for gaming app developers worldwide. So why not make the most of this opportunity to charter a rewarding and satisfying career in the futuristic world of video games? But first one must understand what this means.
What is game design?
Essentially, game design is an aspect of video game development and it requires designers who are both creative and technically skilled. Their key areas of operations include:
– Ideating, planning and actually building video games.
– Emphasizing on system design, level design and narrative design.
– Creating stories, levels, rules and environments that will define the gaming experiences of tomorrow.
– Though not visual artists, they can be part of the creative development of the game.
Thus this particular job needs creativity, technical programming skills, and above all an undying love for video games. For this they need a balanced curriculum that will provide them all this and nurture their talents with proper guidance on these three aspects.
- What are the Scope & Career Opportunities for Game Designers?
Game designers mostly start out as artists, programmers or testers and depending on the kind of organization they work for they grow in those directions. The course will open up job opportunities in:
– Web designing, computer games designing, advertising graphics, animation and new media.
– Multimedia professionals are also recruited in schools and publishing houses for making films and interactive video conferencing interfaces.
– Multimedia developers can also work as flash developers, network engineers, publishers, graphic artists, sound experts, animators, authors/content providers, Concept/storyboard artist, texture artists, project managers and picture researchers.
– One can work also project their own talent independently as freelancer/Entrepreneur
Game designers have in born talent, which when properly guided can lead to billion dollars worthy ideas! For this reason NSHM now offers B.SC. IN GAMING & MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT, a full time degree made to nurture the creators of the future. Explore the course here