10 Reasons: Why you should join Optometry at NSHM?
When looking for a Bachelors or Masters in optometry and vision sciences, we tend to look for courses built on a strong foundation of precision & knowledge, that will contribute to our comprehensive development to make us prepared to face the world. NSHM School of Health Science delivers on this aspect with special advantages ideal for the industry ready Optometrists of the future.
What makes NSHM Knowledge Campus stand apart? Keep reading them to find out:
- A Legacy of Brilliant Education: The Optometry Department at NSHM School of Health Sciences has a 15 year legacy of delivering the highest standard of education and training in the field of vision sciences. With our tried and tested training process, students have gone on to have lucrative careers in the industry, making a real difference in the world.
- Make the world your oyster: A large chunk of our alumnus work overseas. With the skills and education, they acquire after graduating from NSHM School of Health Sciences, our students can adapt to the challenges of the industry across the globe.
- Learn from the best: One of the major USPs of the Optometry course at NSHM is the illustrated list of faculty members and associated industry experts. Experienced researchers and industry experts come together at NSHM to train the next generation of Optometrists. Combining their knowledge of healthcare with years of teaching experience, NSHM gives students the mentorship they need to become industry ready in the true sense.
- 100% placement assistance: The graduating students of Optometry at NSHM have received 100% placement in premium corporate and healthcare institutions across the country. NSHM School of Health Sciences has consistently ensured the same for over 15 years, making sure you start off your career with the best.
- Start your career with the industry internships: One year of internship with the biggest eye hospitals in India is part of our course curriculum at NSHM School of Health Sciences. This means students get to learn the tricks of the trade hands-on in the most professional environment.
- Study at a UKIERI award-winning department: The Optometry department at NSHM Knowledge Campus is the recipient of the prestigious award from the UK-India Education and Research Initiative (UKIERI) being one of the lucky few to be considered under their elite affiliation.
- State-of-the-art lab infrastructure: The Optometry students at NSHM School of Health Sciences train with the most high-end state-of-the-art equipment in dedicated labs such as Optics Lab, Optometry Lab, Pre-clinical Lab, Ophthalmic Lab, and labs for contact lenses, binocular vision, and low vision.
- Interact with the best knowledge partners: Partnerships with premier healthcare institutions across the country allow for workshops, seminars, and research collaborations, opening up many avenues for students to test out their knowledge and imbibe the know-how which will help them in the long run.
- Learn beyond the classroom: NSHM routinely organizes National and International hands-on workshops, seminars and webinars with eye care industry giants and faculty from esteemed Universities, so as to give our students perspective beyond just classroom learning.
- Create social consciousness: Our Community Eye Care Camp initiative not only gives our students some much needed hands-on training, but it also contributes to society, by teaching future healthcare professionals the value and satisfaction of social welfare which is the cornerstone for healthcare professionals everywhere.
Find out if you match our eligibility criteria for UG/ PG in vision sciences here https://www.nshm.com/colleges/college-of-pharmaceutical-technology/dept-optometry-vision-science-courses/