Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) Powered by E.D.G.E (2 years, Full Time)
A brilliant mix of industry best practices and sophisticated theoretical knowledge is what makes NSHM’s Post Graduate Diploma in Management stand out from other similar Diploma courses available today. Designed for the young, industrious and energetic minds, our PGDM course is meant to offer a holistic view of the real-life challenges that almost all business organizations face every single day.
NSHM’s PGDM programme is powered by E.D.G.E. (Experiential Development with Global Exposure), which is a set of value additions intended to give the aspirants competitive advantage, armed with the exposure to best global practices and the training & certifications required to make their profiles stand out.
[College Code Kolkata: NKCGOIKOL]
|PGDM Course Details|
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Specializations||Business Analytics, BFSI, E-Commerce|
Scope & Career Opportunities
- Marketing—Market Research, Product Development, Branding, Sales & Distribution,Advertising,Public Relations,Media Planning and Buying, Media Relations, Client Servicing, E- Commerce, Web Marketing, Merchandising
- HR—Talent Acquisition, Training and Development, Payroll Management, Industrial Relations,HR Analytics
- Finance—Accounts, Financial Planning, Resource Mobilization,Auditing, Costing, Taxation, Treasury, Investments Research, Insurance, Investment Banking,Purchases, Personal Finance, Foreign Exchange
- IT–Systems Design, Data processing and Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, Enterprise Resource Planning
- Operations—Inventory Control, Quality Control,R& D, Logistics & Supply Chain
- PGDM 101 Accounting for Managers
- PGDM 102 Computer Applications for Business
- PGDM 103 Quantitative Methods and Analytics for Decision Making
- PGDM 104 Managerial Economics (Micro)
- PGDM 105 Organization Behavior
- PGDM 106 Marketing Management
- PGDM 107 Legal Environment of Business
- PGDM 108 Managerial Skill for Effectiveness / Business Communication
- PGDM 201 Business Strategy
- PGDM 202 Macro Economics
- PGDM 203 Business Research Methods
- PGDM 204 Production and Operations Management
- PGDM 205 Financial Management
- PGDM 206 Human Resource Management
- PGDM 207 Operation Research
- PGDM 208 Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
Specialization Papers for Semester III & IV
Program Overview:This program is to enable individuals to enhance or build skills in specific Banking and Financial domains and avail of the career opportunities emerging in these segments. It aims to equip learners with skills that are needed by modern-day banking, insurance and financial services. This course helps professionals to develop competencies across four dimensions—domain, technology, application and customer-service.
Program Objective:The curriculum is designed to:
- Familiarize the students to basics of business, management, the legal environment, and issues relating to governance and ethics.
- Enrich their knowledge on key areas relating to management of financial products and services
- Enable the students to acquire skills necessary to successfully carve a career in financial services management
- To identify and classify various risk associated with individual and organization, analyze various provisions relating to Insurance contract, appreciate the functions of Insurers and suggest appropriate insurance for individuals and corporate based on the risk faced by them.
- To recognize the functions of various financial service organizations and the role of intermediaries.
Summer Internship (Two Months)
- PGDM 301 Business Environment
- PGDM 302 Entrepreneurship
- PGFS 303 Merger and Acquisitions
- PGFS 304 Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- PGFS 305 Commercial Banking
- PGFS 306 Working Capital Management and Project Finance
- PGDM 401 Project Viva Voce
- PGFS 402 Life and General Insurance
- PGFS 403 Money and Capital Market
- PGFS 404 Mutual Funds and Wealth Management
- PGFS 405 Derivatives and Risk Management
- PGFS 406 International Finance
E – Commerce
Program Overview:E-Business has come a long way in the last few decades, and is poised to see a quantum jump as the average annual spend on online purchases per individual grow in the near future. At a rapid pace, e-business is harnessing new techniques to make online selling and online shopping a lot more efficient and convenient. The program is futuristic and built around the domain of e-commerce business, and will expose the students to the best global practices followed across all the facets of the business. It would also provide the necessary skill sets required to be part of the workforce joining the segment. Students would be exposed to the fundamental concepts in e-commerce, digital design and communication, online marketing, advertising and promotion, technologies in e-business, legal aspects of ecommerce, and fundamentals of startup business to facilitate entrepreneurship.
Program Objective:After undergoing the program, students will –
- Gain skills that modern businesses demand in their employees.
- Develop ability to manage the technical aspects of an e-commerce website paired with knowledge about marketing approaches and sales strategies make e-commerce scholars uniquely qualified for a variety of jobs in the business field.
- PGEC 301 Business Environment
- PGEC 302 Entrepreneurship
- PGEC 303 Service Marketing
- PGEC 304 B2B Marketing
- PGEC 305 Integrated Marketing Communication
- PGEC 306 Retail Management
- PGEC 307 Consumer Behavior
- PGEC 401 Introduction to E-Commerce
- PGEC 402 Building E-Commerce Website
- PGEC 403 Elements of Website Design
- PGEC 404 Digital and Social Media Marketing
- PGEC 405 Supply Chain Management
- PGEC 406 Selling on Market Place and Career Aspects
- PGEC 407 Corporate Internship Project
Semester IV will be while on Industry Internship
Details will be shared soon
Features of E.D.G.E.
Ivy League faculty Engagement
- Programme curation
- E-mentoring on specialized courses
- 300 hours of total classroom sessions
15 Days International Study Tour
- Tentative destinations (the list is indicative, not exhaustive and subject to MOUs with the Universities)
- NUS, Singapore
- Simon Fraser University, Canada
- McCombs School of Business, Texas, USA
New Age Tech Boost
Training & Certification in Data Analytics, Block Chain, AI etc covering
- The changing ‘data-scape’ and disruption
- Management of Systems in the world of Big Data
- suggestions for MOOC courses to enable self-learning
- Introduction to AI & Machine Learning
- Forecasting & Clustering: relevant case-based learning
Life Skill Development
Training & Certification in Experiential Leadership
Focus on Liberal Arts for all-rounded development
Training & Certification through specialized NSHM centers
- Creative & Performing Arts
- Language & Linguistic Studies
- Innovation & Incubation
- Sports & Wellness
- Social Change
Eligibility & Selection
Candidates need to fulfill at least any one of the conditions
- 60% & above in 10th & 12th Standard and Graduation with a valid score in CAT/MAT/JEMAT.
- 75% percentile in CAT or 80 percentile in MAT & above with minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in Graduation from any recognized university.
Mindspark, NSHM’s 3 fold selection process
- English language proficiency – written test
- Extempore on current topics
- Personal interview
Empowering & Inspiring the finest with their academic pursuits with merit scholarships
|Scholarship Amount(% of course fees)||Percentile in CAT||Percentile in MAT|
Final Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of CAT / MAT score, academic score and performance in NSHM selection process.
NSHM Career Assistance
- National Placement Cell
- Cross Portal Placements
- Job Opportunities
- Career Aspiration Mapping
- Resume Feedback and Profile Building
- Mock Recruitment & Interview Sessions
NSHM facilitate placements with best of brands across the country without being limited to regional organizations and has outstation placement offices to support the same.
NSHM will accrue the benefit of cross portal job opportunities to business management students with suitable profiles. With courses taught for 5 other verticals like Media & Design, Health Sciences, Tourism & Hotel Management, Engineering & Technology and Computing & Data Analytics, NSHM has a pool of vacancies across these industries, all of which require business managers.
Access to specific and relevant job opportunities for students in the program from NSHM’s extensive industry network will be provided.
The institute will conduct Mentoring sessions to understand student’s past skill sets/ background, career plan, aspirations and expectations from the programme.
Mentoring and detailed feedback on student’s resume and LinkedIn Profile from internal team and relevant industry professionals will be provided.
Mock examinations and practise tests to prepare students adequately for industry led recruitment for job openings will be held. 1-on-1 interview preparation sessions with industry experts for personalized and detailed feedback will be organised.
- State-of-the-art Laboratory and Infrastructure
- Library with more than 10,000 books along with e-journals and e-magazines
- Vastly experienced faculty members with more than 70 % awarded or enrolled Ph.D scholars
- Huge Extra-curricular and Co-curricular engagement opportunities