Master of Hospital Administration
MHA (Master of Hospital Administration) is equal to and more than MBA in Health care. A suitable work experience can always give students higher employment prospects vis-à-vis a fresh graduate, quite like MBA compared to other graduates. With NABH and other quality drives in hospitals and health care delivery organizations, there is now a growing demand to employ MHA (Master of Hospital Administration) qualified people.
[College Code Kolkata: NCMTKOL] [College Code Durgapur: NCMTDGP]
|MHA Course Details|
|Course Level||Post Graduation|
|Specialisations||Hospital Administration & Hospital Planning|
Also, there lies a scope beyond hospitals as well. For example, getting employed as health care program coordinators and resource persons in International NGOs (UNICEF, WHO, etc.), NGOs and GOs. The character of the course is experiential learning, with 90 hours of training per semester. The students usually get placed prior to or during the final semester.
With a steady 15% annual growth rate over the last decade, MHA has gradually become the programme of choice for graduates who want to make a mark in the dynamic healthcare industry in India. This is also an avenue for Dental graduates and students from other Allied Healthcare streams to explore. More and more medical students are opting for MHA to enhance their career prospects for creating a niche towards managerial aspects of running hospitals/healthcare units.
Scope & Career Opportunities
Healthcare has become one of India’s largest sectors – both in terms of revenue and employment. The Indian healthcare sector is growing at a brisk pace due to its strengthening coverage, services and increasing expenditure by public as well private players. The overall Indian healthcare market today is worth US$ 100 billion and is expected to grow to US$ 280 billion by 2020, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.9 per cent.
The diverse career opportunities in this field includes-
- Hospital Operations
- NGO’s– Health Project Management
- Healthcare Consultancy Planning & Designing Hospitals
- Hospital Information System
- Healthcare Insurance
- Medical Tourism
- The institute aims at inculcating knowledge, skills and abilities for students that is essential for managing corporate hospitals
- Every possible managerial aspect of various clinic and support systems are included in the course
- NSHM awarded ‘The Best Healthcare Institute in East India’—The Brands Excellence Award
Basic Concept of Health • Healthcare Services • Epidemiology & Healthcare in its Changing Scenario • Health Education & Health Communication • Information Technology • Principle of Management • Organisational Behaviour • Quantitative Methods • Hospital Support Services • Material Management • Human Resource Management • Biomedical Waste Management • Financial Management I • Financial Management II • Health Management Information System • Marketing Management
Health Economics • Managerial Accounting • Healthcare Industry • Legal aspect of Health • Operational Research • Research Methodology • Industrial Relation • Marketing Management II • Utility Services Area • Strategic Management • Medical Equipment Management • Clinical Service Area • Health Insurance • Disaster Management • Quality Management • Hospital Planning
Graduate in any discipline with a valid score of MAT/WBJEMAT . Final year students can also apply.
2 Years (Full Time)
- MHA is equal to and more than MBA course in Health care.
- A suitable work experience can always add to the higher employability prospects vis-à-vis a fresh graduate, quite like in MBA as well.
- With NABH and other quality drives in hospitals and health care delivery organizations, there is now a growing demand to employ MHA qualified people.
- Also, there lies a scope beyond hospitals as well. For example, getting employed as health care program coordinators and resource persons in International NGOs – UNICEF, WHO, etc, NGOs and GOs.
- The character of the course is experiential learning, with 90 hours of training per semester.
- The students usually get placed prior to or during the final semester.