M.Sc. (Film & Television)
M.Sc. in Digital Filmmaking course is dedicated to cinema (short films) and its technical and aesthetic aspects. This post-graduate course is intended to train the students in almost every aspect of the film industry as well as other overlapping fields like advertisements, sound designing, and cinematography.
[College Code Kolkata: NCMTKOL]
|M.Sc. in Digital Filmmaking|
M.Sc. in Digital Filmmaking course is intended to bridge the gulf between theory and practice and train the students not only on the aspects of skills and technical expertise, but also creating a critical faculty in thinking about audio-visual images with a historical and aesthetical consciousness. This course is an ideal amalgamation to nurture the students and enrich their prowess in the field of cinema and media.
Scope & Career Opportunities
The students will have the opportunity to explore both academic and film industry careers as they will have both theoretical and practical knowledge of film and related techniques.
- Academic: The students shall eventually become filmmakers and work independently in the A/V industry besides having an opportunity to pursue M.Phil. and PhD.
- Industrial: Students can find a promising career in the film industry in various departments from sound designing, editing to cinematography and direction, television industry, advertisement firms, newspapers (in the shape of film critics, reviewers, journalists) and web series. and the ever-growing industry surrounding it is a new avenue for the students to explore in. Apart from these, there will be career opportunities in the fields of content and copywriting, reporting for television as well as print, since the course also makes the student grow as a writer and critical thinker.
- Introduction to Digital Short Film Making
- Basics of Direction and Visual Language
- Scriptwriting & Storyboarding
- Videography & Lighting – I
- Film as Cultural Practice – I
- Writing Script for a Short Film
- Camera Handling Workshop
- Production Design
- Videography & Lighting – II
- Audiography & Sound Design
- Video Editing – I
- Film As Cultural Practice – II
- Production Design And Making of Silent Film
- Recording sound for film
- Web Series
- Documentary Film Making
- Film As Cultural Practice – III
- Video Editing – II
- Post Production Techniques
- Acting and Directing Workshop
- Industry Internship
- Marketing for Film
- Film As Cultural Practice – IV
- Pitching /Presentation For Film
- Project 1 : Making a Non-Fiction
- Project 2 : Making a Fiction
Graduate in any stream from a recognized university
2 years (Full time)