M.Sc. in Animation & Graphic Design
Students pursuing M.Sc. in Animation and Graphic Design are expected to become a complete professional in the field of Graphic Design and Animation, VFX and Game Art. This program also enriches students with the concept and knowledge, so that they can do further research in the field of Design. The curriculum for the course has been composed in such a way where, first two semesters (first year of the program) are under foundation program. It enriches and nurtures students from various fields towards specialized and goal-based design research and project execution. Final two semesters (second year) are specialized semesters, where a student can choose their specialization subject as Animation or Graphic Design. In the final Semester, all the students have to execute their individual project in their respective specialization along with the dissertation.
The collaboration of NSHM Knowledge Campus with Toonz Animation India further increases the scope of learning and career opportunities in this course.
The benefits are:
- Specialized programs on VFX & Game Art.
- Interactive training by experts using classroom & digital pedagogy.
- Regular workshops with international professionals.
- 9 months of NSHM campus training + 3 months of TOONZ – Trivandrum training for 12 months program.
- Students will earn professional diplomas in addition to the regular University degrees using the same campus facility.
- Opportunity to work on Live Projects like Graphic Design | Storyboarding | 2D Animation | 3D MTL| 3D Animation | VFX| Rotoscopy |Compositing| Motion Graphics | Game Art Projects at NSHM Toonz Production Studio.
- Internship Opportunities with Toonz.
- Final Placement to be facilitated by Toonz along with NSHM.
|M.Sc. in Animation and Graphic Design|
|Eligibility||Post Graduate in any stream (Bachelors in fine Arts, Animation will be preferable)|
|Type||2 Years Master’s Degree Program with Specialization (Animation or Graphic Design)|
Scope & Career Opportunities
After completion of this program, student can pursue their career in the field of Animation and Graphic Design as
– Graphic Designer | Storyboarding Artist | Character Designer | Layout & Background Artist | 2D Animator| 3D Animator | 3D Modeling-Texturing- Lighting Artist | Compositor | Roto Artist |VFX Artist | Digital Painter | |Gaming Artist | Web Designer | UI Designer
Creative Director | Director – Animation/ Live Action | Academician – Faculty/ Professor |Entrepreneur – Studio Owner
- Fundamentals of Design
- Visual Language
- Inter Design studies
- Structural Drawing for Graphical representation
- Design Research – Indian Art forms
- Digital Design – I
- Design Theory and Process
- Production Management
- Visual Story Telling
- Advance Drawing and Layout
- Communication Design
- Digital Design – II (A/B)
- Animation Design & Management or Design for Advertising & Management
- Design Project -I(A/B)
- Design and Culture(Group Project)
- Digital Design – III (A/B)
- Design Project -Final[ Production]
- Dissertation Documentation(Research work submission)
- Portfolio Development | Presentation | Viva-Voce
*Specialization: A = Animation; Specialization: B = Graphic Design
Graduate in any stream (Bachelors in fine Arts, Animation will be preferable)