B.Tech – Bachelor of Technology (Electronics and Communications Engineering)
NSHM’s state-of-the-art infrastructure and excellent academic ambience is best suited for producing the leaders of the future. NSHM is renowned for the new age knowledge imparting techniques, like lifestyle education and industry awareness, which gives a definite edge to students stepping out into the corporate world.
Our programme achieves this through:
- Experiential learning alongside classroom teaching.
- Industry training through internships and dynamic academic-industry interface.
- Travel Agencies
- Cruise Ships
- Event Management organizations or MICE (Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions)
- Cargo Management organizations | Medical tourism organizations | Eco-tourism development
- Accommodation sectors (Hotels, Motels and Resorts etc.)
- Service Marketing Sectors
- Higher Education e.g. MBA (Tourism), Master of Tourism Administration
- Freelance tour operators, Escorts or Guides
- International Diploma programme from International Air Transport Association (IATA), Canada
- International Global Distribution System (GDS) training program by Amadeus
- Industrial Visits and knowledge Tour
- Foreign Language – French
- Training in reputed Travel & Tourism Organizations
- Cultural events and competitions during the World Tourism Day celebration
- Placement in best companies
- State-of-the-art Laboratory and Infrastructure
- Library with more than 10,000 books along with e-journals and e-magazines
- Vastly experienced faculty members with more than 70 % awarded or enrolled Ph.D scholars
- Huge Extra-curricular and Co-curricular engagement opportunities
[College Code Durgapur: NKCGOIDGP]
Scope & Career Opportunities
Management Principles & Practices | Principles of Marketing | Computer Fundamentals | Tourism Geography | Travel Agency & Tour Operation | Transport in Travel & Tourism | International Tourism | Business Communication | Basic Accounting | Tourism Product | Principles of Management | Eco-tourism & Sustainable Development | Understanding Hotels | Foreign Language – French | OB & HR in Tourism | Financial Management | Application of IT in Tourism | Legal & Ethical Issues in Tourism | Tourism Planning & Policy | Environment & Ecology | Tourism Economics | Entrepreneurship Development in Tourism
IATA / UFTAA International Training Programme (Optional)
NSHM is an Authorized Training Centre (ATC) of International Air Transport Association (IATA). NSHM provides the IATA/UFTAA Foundation course which is the industry leader of international travel & tourism professional training. This course has world-wide recognition and acceptance along with a high standard of training and a reliable brand name.After completing the course, students will be able to make appropriate travel arrangements and reservations, calculate and quote appropriate air fares, complete international travel formalities in accordance with IATA rules, deal with customer queries, quote rates etc. The course duration is 6 months and after qualifying the exam, students will be certified by IATA, Montreal, Canada.
Field Trip Study
A travel and tourism management study is incomplete without practical exposure of a complete tour, wherein students would be entitled to do a project. A tour, which is closely guided by a faculty with expertise in that area, is an integral part of the curriculum to the travel and tourism management students, in 5th semester
Infrastructure/ Knowledge Tools
10+2 passed in Science stream. Qualifying entry requirement: JEE.
4 Years (Full Time)