B.Sc in Media Science
A career in media science can take you in several directions as it has many different facets and activities. Courses like Marketing Communication, Journalism and Mass Communication have their own scope and opportunity for students with the required knack.
|B.Sc in Media Science Course|
Marketing professionals create, manage and enhance brands. And with marketing functions being required in every brand and industry these days, the career potential for aspirants would be unlimited. Politics, economics, art, culture, history, business, sports, entertainment and many other areas are covered by journalists.
With the growing importance of the media industry today, the opportunities in this field are numerous and the job is very demanding and exhilarating at the same time.
Scope & Career Opportunities
Proving its resilience to the world, the Indian Media industry is on the cusp of a strong phase of growth, backed by rising consumer demand and improving advertising revenues. The industry revenues are likely to exceed US$ 32.7 billion by 2019 from US$ 17.0 billion in 2014, growing at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.0 per cent between 2015 and 2020.
The media industry has diverse job opportunities in various fields-
- Journalism –(Report/Edit – Print, cyber, TV)
- Advertising (copy, creatives, client servicing)
- Public Relation
- Film – conceptualization, camera/editing (TV, Ad, docu, corporate film, short film)
- Radio – conceptualization, anchor, programmerv
- Academic & Industry seminars and projects backed by intensive classroom learning help the students gather hands-on experience.
- Activity clubs like ad club, radio club, debate club and drama & film club instill confidence and promote skill development among students.
- Social Projects with NGOs as cultivation of CSR programmes.
- Creative Communication Processes & Personality Enhancement through theater & performance.
- Ranked 9th Among The Top Media Schools In India By Outlook Survey 2015.
- Ranked as the Top Media Institute In Eastern India at The Edutainment Award 2014 & 2015.
Development of Mass Communication | Laws and Ethics in Mass Communication | Print Journalism and Comparative Media | Basic Computer Application
Electronic Media – Planning and Production | Electronic Media – Writing, Editing and Execution
Press Photography | Environment and Ecology
Marketing in Mass Media | Stage Production and Direction | Advertising |Film and Television: Theory and Practice | Information and Computer Technology
Writing and Opinion Pieces | Public Relations | Film and Television: Theory and Practice | Study of Media Scene in India: Print and Cinema
Media Management | Entrepreneurship in Media | Design and Page Make Up | Film and Television: Theory and Practice | Study of Media Scene in India: Radio,Television, New Media
Specialization – Print, Video Production,Advertising and Public Relation, Photography or Photo Journalism, Animation and New Media
| Media Research | Personality Development and Interview
Extensive practical on Print, Electronic Media, Photography, Film Making and New Media
10+2 passed from any board with English as a subject.
Students from any stream can apply.
3 Years (Full Time)
There are various labs with state-of-the-art equipment to
impart world class knowledge in each course. Some of
• A 3,500 sq. ft. Shoot Floor
• An iMAC Editing Lab – with 35 iMAC and 10 Power
Mac editing systems
• Post Production Lab – with four Power Mac G5 and
SD & HD VTR
• Audio Recording & Editing Lab – with 16 track digital
stereo recording console with Protocols interface
• Graphics & Animation Lab – with 15 powerful IBM computers on windows platform