B.Sc. in Media Science
A career in media science can take you in several directions as it has many different facets and activities. Courses like Marketing Communication, Journalism and Mass Communication have their own scope and opportunity for students with the required knack.
Marketing professionals create, manage and enhance brands, with marketing functions being required in every brand and industry these days, the career potential for aspirants would be unlimited. Politics, economics, art, culture, history, business, sports, entertainment and many other areas are covered by journalists.
With the growing importance of the media industry today, the opportunities in this field are numerous and the jobs are very demanding and exhilarating at the same time.
[College Code Kolkata: NCMTKOL] [College Code Durgapur: NCMTDGP]
|B.Sc. in Media Science Course|
Scope & Career Opportunities
Proving its resilience to the world, the Indian Media industry is on the cusp of a strong phase of growth, backed by rising consumer demand and improving advertising revenues. The industry revenues are likely to exceed US$ 32.7 billion by 2019 from US$ 17.0 billion in 2014, growing at compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.0 per cent between 2015 and 2020.
The media industry has diverse job opportunities in various fields-
- Journalism –(Report/Edit – Print, Cyber, TV)
- Advertising (Copy, Creatives, Client Servicing)
- Public Relation
- Film – conceptualization, camera/editing (TV, Ad, documentary, corporate film, short film)
- Radio – conceptualization, anchor, programmer
Development of Mass Communication | Laws and Ethics in Mass Communication | Print Journalism and Comparative Media | Basic Computer Application
Electronic Media – Planning and Production | Electronic Media – Writing, Editing and Execution
Press Photography | Environment and Ecology
Marketing in Mass Media | Stage Production and Direction | Advertising |Film and Television: Theory and Practice | Information and Computer Technology
Writing and Opinion Pieces | Public Relations | Film and Television: Theory and Practice | Study of Media Scene in India: Print and Cinema
Media Management | Entrepreneurship in Media | Design and Page Make Up | Film and Television: Theory and Practice | Study of Media Scene in India: Radio,Television, New Media
Specialization – Print, Video Production,Advertising and Public Relation, Photography or Photo Journalism, Animation and New Media | Media Research | Personality Development and Interview
- More than 15 years of Academic Excellence
- Academic & Industry seminars and projects backed by intensive classroom learning help the students gather hands-on-experience.
- Activity clubs like ad club, radio club, debate club and drama & film club instill confidence and promote skill development among students.
- Visit by eminent Media Gurus for knowledge sharing and learning.
- Social Projects with NGOs as cultivation of CSR programmes.
- Creative Communication Processes & Personality Enhancement through theater & performance.
Infrastructure/ Knowledge Tools
There are various labs with state-of-the-art equipment to impart world class knowledge in each course. Some of them are:
- A 3,500 sq. ft. Shoot Floor
- An iMAC Editing Lab – with 35 iMAC and 10 Power Mac editing systems
- Post Production Lab – with four Power Mac G5 and SD & HD VTR
- Audio Recording & Editing Lab – with 16 track digital stereo recording console with Protocols interface
- Graphics & Animation Lab – with 15 powerful IBM computers on windows platform
- Library with more than 10,000 books along with e-journals and e-magazines
- Vastly experienced faculty members with more than 70 % awarded or enrolled Ph.D scholars
- Huge Extra-curricular and Co-curricular engagement opportunities
10+2 pass from any board with English as a subject.
Students from any stream can apply.
3 Years (Full Time)