B.Sc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphics Design
This course integrates multiple aspects of 2D and 3D art, interactive media and animation with professional experience. You’ll get hands-on training in modelling, design, texturing, animation, lighting and rendering for 3D design with Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya, the leading 3D software tools for professionals. You will learn:
- Visual communication, as a graphic design student, exploring a field that’s essential in today’s information-rich world.
- To design for print and the web with practical, hands-on training with the design software tools being used by today’s professionals.
- The time-based art of the moving image, as an animation student, by making live action or animated films – or a hybrid of the two.
BMAG (B.Sc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphic Design) is a new age education course in computer applications spread over six semesters. The curriculum is designed to transform aspiring students into skilled professionals in Graphics Design, Animation and Multimedia.
[College Code: NCMTKOL]
|B.Sc Multimedia Course|
|Eligibility||10 + 2|
Scope & Career Opportunities
The animation, VFX and post-production industry in India has grown from Rs 4,200 crore in 2013 to Rs 5,080 crore today. The CGI sector is likely to grow substantially at a CAGR of about 30 per cent and animation by about 15-18 per cent. With path-breaking technological advancements in the last few years, India is fast becoming the most popular destination for providing animation services and content.
The diverse carrier opportunities in this field includes –
- Graphic Designing
- Digital Artist
- Web Designing
- 2D and 3D Animation
- 3D Modeler
- Story Board Artist
- Flash Designer
- Compositing VFX Artist
- Texturing Artist
- Game Designing
- Flash Animation
- Character Animation
- Matte Painting
- Technical Direction
- Game Designing
- Technical Training
1st Year – Subjects
Introduction to Graphic Design | Introduction to Typography | Introduction to Animation | Visual Communication | Advance Layout, Composition & Typography | 2D Animation Production | Introduction to Digital Photography | Introduction to Digital Film Making
2nd Year – Subjects
Introduction to Web Design | Multimedia Production | Web Technology and Methods | Script Writing and Story Board | Introduction to 3D | Modeling, Texturing, Lighting & Animation in 3D
3rd Year – Subjects
Compositing & Visual Effects | 3D Animation Production | Internship | Specialization | Portfolio Development | Final Project
Extensive practical on Drawing, Graphics Design Software, 2d and 3d animation, VFX and Post Production with software tools like, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, 3ds Max, Maya, After Effects etc.
- More than 15 years of Academic Excellence
- State-of-the-art campus located at the heart of the city
- Corporate skill development
- Editing & post production facilities with Power Macs & I Macs
- Cutting edge Avid pro tools based professional sound recording studio
- 5000 sq. ft. TV production studio complete with lighting & acoustics
- Collaboration with leading IT organizations like Adobe, Autodesk, Corel, Microsoft and others
- Top of the line domain specific placement
- Vibrant campus life
Infrastructure/ Knowledge Tools
- Adobe and Autodesk powered cutting-edge lab
- Editing and Post-Production facilities with 10 Power Macs, 30 iMacs and 75 Windows desktops
- Cutting-Edge Avid Pro Tools based Professional Sound Recording Studio
- State-of-the-art labs for Still and Digital Photography
- 3500 sq ft TV Production Studio complete with lighting and acoustics
- Library with more than 10,000 books along with e-journals and e-magazines
- Vastly experienced faculty members with more than 70 % awarded or enrolled Ph.D scholars
- Huge Extra-curricular and Co-curricular engagement opportunities
10 + 2 passed in any stream from a recognised board. Candidates appearing for Class XII final can also apply.
3 Years (Full Time)