B.Sc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphics
This course integrates multiple aspects of 2D and 3D art, interactive media and animation with professional experience. You’ll get hands-on training in modelling, design, texturing, animation, lighting and rendering for 3D design with Autodesk 3ds Max and Maya, the leading 3D software tools for professionals. You will learn:
- Visual communication, as a graphic design student, exploring a field that’s essential in today’s information-rich world.
- To design for print and the web with practical, hands-on training with the design software tools being used by today’s professionals.
- The time-based art of the moving image, as an animation student, by making live action or animated films – or a hybrid of the two.
BMAG (B.Sc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphics) is a new age education course in computer applications spread over six semesters. The curriculum is designed to transform aspiring students into skilled professionals in Graphics Design, Animation and Multimedia.
The collaboration of NSHM Knowledge Campus with Toonz Animation India further increases the scope of learning and career opportunities in this course.
The benefits are:
- Specialized programs on VFX & Game Art.
- Interactive training by experts using classroom & digital pedagogy.
- Regular workshops with international professionals.
- 9 months of NSHM campus training + 3 months of TOONZ – Trivandrum training for 12 months program.
- Students will earn professional diplomas in addition to the regular University degrees using the same campus facility.
- Opportunity to work on Live Projects like Graphic Design | Storyboarding | 2D Animation | 3D MTL| 3D Animation | VFX| Rotoscopy |Compositing| Motion Graphics | Game Art Projects at NSHM Toonz Production Studio.
- Internship Opportunities with Toonz.
- Final Placement to be facilitated by Toonz along with NSHM.
[College Code: NCMTKOL]
|B.Sc in Multimedia, Animation and Graphics Course|
|Eligibility||10 + 2|
Scope & Career Opportunities
The animation, VFX and post-production industry in India has grown from Rs 4,200 crore in 2013 to Rs 5,080 crore today. The CGI sector is likely to grow substantially at a CAGR of about 30 per cent and animation by about 15-18 per cent. With path-breaking technological advancements in the last few years, India is fast becoming the most popular destination for providing animation services and content.
The diverse carrier opportunities in this field includes –
- Graphic Designing
- Digital Artist
- Web Designing
- 2D and 3D Animation
- 3D Modeler
- Story Board Artist
- Flash Designer
- Compositing VFX Artist
- Texturing Artist
- Game Designing
- Flash Animation
- Character Animation
- Matte Painting
- Technical Direction
- Game Designing
- Technical Training
1st Year – Subjects
Introduction to Graphic Design | Introduction to Typography | Introduction to Animation | Visual Communication | Advance Layout, Composition & Typography | 2D Animation Production | Introduction to Digital Photography | Introduction to Digital Film Making
2nd Year – Subjects
Introduction to Web Design | Multimedia Production | Web Technology and Methods | Script Writing and Story Board | Introduction to 3D | Modeling, Texturing, Lighting & Animation in 3D
3rd Year – Subjects
Compositing & Visual Effects | 3D Animation Production | Internship | Specialization | Portfolio Development | Final Project
Extensive practical on Drawing, Graphics Design Software, 2d and 3d animation, VFX and Post Production with software tools like, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, 3ds Max, Maya, After Effects etc.
Infrastructure/ Knowledge Tools
- Adobe and Autodesk powered cutting-edge lab
- Editing and Post-Production facilities with 10 Power Macs, 30 iMacs and 75 Windows desktops
- Cutting-Edge Avid Pro Tools based Professional Sound Recording Studio
- State-of-the-art labs for Still and Digital Photography
- 3500 sq ft TV Production Studio complete with lighting and acoustics
- Library with more than 10,000 books along with e-journals and e-magazines
- Vastly experienced faculty members with more than 70 % awarded or enrolled Ph.D scholars
- Huge Extra-curricular and Co-curricular engagement opportunities
10 + 2 passed in any stream from a recognised board. Candidates appearing for Class XII final can also apply.
3 Years (Full Time)