NIMD is the first private college in eastern India to embark on the journey of starting its very own broadcasting radio station. 91.2 Y-FM is available to listeners all across the Southern parts of Kolkata and its 39 prime areas within a 10 KM radius. Its moto is to “inform ,educate and entertain”
91.2 YFM is a community radio, creates awareness on various social activities and issues, health and holistic well being and educational development of the youth. Another area of focus is creating a cultural wealth for the community by giving them a place for expressing themselves through art and literature.
Broadcast timings –
· Available from Monday to Sunday
· Timing: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Detailed programmes of Y-FM 91.2
· MINDROOM – the programme features a classroom in which a teacher imparts lessons on a particular subject which highlights the scope and provides guidance on the relevant subject
· HELLO DOCTOR – a health and nutrition programme on health and hygiene provided by specialized doctors on physiological and physical well-being.
· NAYI ROSHNI – this is a platform of exoploration of new ideas with representatives of NGOs and Self Help Groups sharing their services on the challenges and issues of creating a sustainable society.
· Y-XPRESS – this programme covers art and literature featuring interviews of artistic exponents from singers, musicians, dancers and writers to name a few.
· AAMNE-SAAMNE – this programme showcases an interview of a skilled personality who lives in the area ‘in and around Tollygunge’.
· LIMELIGHT – it broadcasts performance on variety shows. It is an outlet for the talents of SHG/NGO members and for the School/College Students to encourage variety of performances.
· CAREERSCAPE – a career oriented programmes offering guidance on career opportunities, grooming exercises, interview skills and interpersonal skills. Additionally provides preparation tips to face Board and Public Exams. It will include interaction with guests from the corporate world.
· NATYE-GOPPE – A purely entertainment programme through theatre comprising of both mono acts and group performances where new and old talent are highlighted.